Avalanche Index du Forum
Avalanche Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

Uncorked3AMyyearinProvencestudyingP26eacute3Btanque2Cdisc

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Avalanche Index du Forum -> GENERAL -> Journal de Guilde
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
ualamele

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 17:02 (2017)    Sujet du message: Uncorked3AMyyearinProvencestudyingP26eacute3Btanque2Cdisc Répondre en citant

Will having smoke repeatedly blown in his face deter a foreigner from breaking in to French culture? Find out, as Paul Shore's evocative story telling, wry wit, and big heart, inspire and entertain you, as he tells the tale of how he gained acceptance inside a charming village in Provence. 

Uncorked celebrates the "uncorking" of a few tightly held traditions that are near and dear to hearts of the locals of the Cote d'Azur and Provence - being taught to play pétanque (boules) under the clandestine cover of darkness; learning vernissage etiquette; drinking pastis before noon; navigating narrow village roads at top driving speed. Shore also "uncorks" personal awakenings about the value of following roads-less-travelled and making time to smell-the-roses, as we cultivate friendships and traditions. And, through exposure to the life of artist Marc Chagall, Shore reflects on the challenges that all newcomers face to gain acceptance in a foreign land. 

Shore's humorous and heart-felt accounts of his year living in Provence will touch and amuse, and evoke fond memories of travel to fascinating places --- and they might even trigger reflection on the importance of being afforded new chances in life.

TREAT YOURSELF TODAY to some belly laughter and fond reminiscing about your own past travels!

Praise for Uncorked:

Finalist in 2017 Next Generation Indie Book Awards, Travel Category

"Like a wry cross between Bill Bryson and Dave Bidini, Paul Shore's funny, self-deprecating and wholesome recounting of a year spent in Provence is one part travelogue, one part self-help guide, one part memoir. Uncorked is just like a good French wine: light, delicious, and full of flavour."
--Grant Lawrence, CBC broadcaster and author of Adventures in Solitude

"A computer geek in the South of France? What could go wrong? With remarkable storytelling skill, Shore brings to life a time and place where community, simplicity and a slower place were revered --- a younger generation's A Year in Provence."
 --Sarah Bancroft, writer of the blog A Year in Paris

"Shore's light-hearted story takes you to a place where the simple joys in life are what matters. During my Man in Motion World Tour 30 years ago, I wish I could have slowed down as Paul did."
--Rick Hansen, founder and CEO of the Rick Hansen Foundation

"Many dream of relocating to France at some time in their lives. Like Peter Mayle (A Year in Provence) before him, Paul Shore made the leap and found a cornucopia of delights in his new home."
-- Stephen Hui, hiking writer and former Georgia Straight editor

"Paul Shore's nostalgic musings on the ancient, nuanced sport of pétanque demonstrate how to, with a dose of persistence, tap into a treasure trove of cross-cultural respect and understanding in sunny Provence."
-- Jack Christie, writer-broadcaster, author of 52 Best Day Trips from Vancouver

"Reminded me of my own time in Europe and how much I miss it. Thanks so much for a wonderful read and bringing back such incredible memories."
-- Stella Harvey, founder of the Whistler Writers Festival and author of The Brink of Freedom

Details:
price: $9.99
bound: 179 pages
publisher: Sea to Sky Books (March 20, 2017)
lang: English
asin: B06W9GR43B
isbn:
weight:
filesize: 3000 KB

Uncorked: My year in Provence studying Pétanque, discovering Chagall, drinking Pastis, and mangling French Paul Shore
Uncorked: My year in Provence studying Pétanque, discovering Chagall, drinking Pastis, and mangling French book Mega

Tags: ebook free download, full reading ios online apple, torrent download Rarbg free, purchase book, download eng book, free docx, book tablet, free eReader touch how download reader, free ebook, link without registering selling online ebook, fb2 sale tablet access online, read online pdf free, book docs, book for ibooks, book google docs, book DepositFiles, ios access how download information online, book RapidShare, Google Drive, read free ipad, book MediaFire, book without pay, pc read value kickass francais, book Mega, book book free from Galaxy, format txt pdf, free mobile, francais ebook access online offline, audiobook free, link online francais access book, book SkyDrive, pdf download full book, book french, mobile pdf, book 2shared, You search pdf online pdf, bookstore, book online

48a4f088c3

David Busch's Nikon D5600 Guide to Digital SLR PhotographyHappy Anniversary: Anniversary Guest Book, Blank Lined Guest Book For An Anniversary, (8.25" x 6" Paperback) Dartan CreationsThe Religious Development of the Negro in Virginia: A Dissertation Submitted to the Faculty of the University of Virginia in Partial Fulfillment of ... of Doctor of Philosophy (Classic Reprint)The Diplomatic Correspondence of the American Revolution Volume 7.The Price of Illusion: A MemoirNotebook For Drawing For Girls: Blank Journals To Write In, Doodle In, Draw In Or Sketch In, 8" x 10", 150 Unlined Blank Pages (Blank Notebook & Diary) Dartan CreationsAgriculture: notebook with 150 lined pages (Volume 1)Crochet: 10 Beautiful Beach Cover Ups PatternsTokyo of the Day and Night: Tokyo of the Day and Night (Japanese Edition)Space Below My Feet

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 17:02 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Avalanche Index du Forum -> GENERAL -> Journal de Guilde Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer son forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
darkages Template © larme d'ange